- Please switch off all mobile devices or have them switched to silent mode.
- No photos, video or other kind of recordings may be taken on our premises without the written permission of Phonics Land Learning Centre.
- Please note that due to hygiene and safety, both adults and child must wear socks within the premises.
- Children would not be accompanied by care-giver/one parent during lesson time.
- Phonics Land Learning Centre reserves the right to change teachers before or during any programme.
Absence and Make-up/Catch-up Class and Holiday Break
- Sick Leave: Please notify us at least 1 hour in advance and with a doctor’s note to be sent to us via whatsapp or email. Once a doctor’s note has been sent in, you can schedule a make up class to be attended within the term. There is no limit as to how many sick leaves a student can take within a term. All sick leaves without a doctor’s note will be counted as a casual leave.
- Casual Leave: Please notify us at least 1 hour in advance if your child cannot attend a scheduled class, otherwise it will be counted as a No Show. Every student is entitled one casual leave per month. Make-up classes are to be scheduled and attended within the term. Each make-up class may only be scheduled at once. Classes missed without 1-hour prior notice cannot be made up.
- No Show: No make-up classes are offered for “no show” instance. The scheduled class will automatically be forfeited without notice.
- Make-up/Catch-up classes are non-transferable, non-refundable and forfeited once a child withdraws.
- Make-up/Catch-up class can only be rescheduled once if notified at least 1 hour prior to class. If a child does not show up for the scheduled make-up class, the class is forfeited.
- Catch-up classes are available only if the teacher sees a need to it.
- If a teacher is absent, the centre will arrange a substitute teacher without notice. In the case where no substitute teacher is arranged, the class will be cancelled and credit will be carried forward.
- Parents can apply 1 week in advance for a ‘holiday break’ in which fees will be suspended for a maximum of 3 consecutive weeks. We allow 3 holiday breaks per calendar year.
Government announced closures based on weather, medical and health reasons
- The centre will be operating as usual when Amber and Red rainstorm signal or typhoon signal number 1 or 3 is hoisted. It is at the discretion of the parents/care-givers as to whether it is deemed safe for child to travel to and from the centre.
- Classes will be cancelled from the moment when (i) the Hong Kong Observatory makes an announcement as to the estimated time when Typhoon Warning Signal No.8 will be in forceor (ii) Typhoon Warning Signal No.8 or Black Rainstorm warning is in force. Parents can find out if the centre is closed by calling the center’s general line and Facebook.
- Bad Weather: Classes will automatically be cancelled. We regret that NO rescheduling nor make-up of the class or refund of fees if Typhoon Signal No.8 (or above), or Black Rainstorm warning is in force.
- Classes resume 2 HOURS after the Typhoon Signal No.8 (or above), or Black Rainstorm warning is lowered, e.g. if signal is lowered at 11 am, classes from 1 pm onwards will resume.
- Our centre is closed on all public holidays.
- Parents/caregivers/Children must wear socks at all times within the premises.
- Socks can be purchased at the centre for $20 HKD per pair.
Photos & other media
- Phonics Land reserves the right to take and use photos, videos and/or sound or any media recordings of children/parents/caregivers and their work, performances or classes, for but not limited to the purposes of teacher training, curriculum and/or promotional marketing purposes.
- Phonics Land reserves the right to make the final decision in the event of any dispute.
- After written consent, parents may take photographs, videos and recordings but only focusing on their own children and not on the other children in the class. Any media used or interrupt the class format, and may not be used for commercial or financial gain.
- We will use your personal data (including name, telephone number, fax number, email and mailing addresses) for the purpose of providing you with information about any events, programs, news and opinion surveys organized by us.
- The personal data being collected via the present means, other than being utilized as the purposes above mentioned, will not be sold, traded or rented in any forms through any means to any other parties.
Please inform Phonics Land Learning Centre of any changes of personal information.